Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A Round-Up of News and Miscellany

I've been wandering around the web working VERY hard, honest. And, I've somehow managed to find some interesting links:

Sharyl Atkinson's new book - The Smear (with a much longer subtitle that I don't want to bother about right now).

The reviews I've seen are good. I'm on the wait list for an e-copy at my library. I have reading a-plenty for my trip to Cleveland this week (mostly family-related). I've checked out some of D'Souza's works, including his most recent, Stealing America.

I saw a 3-part interview with Bill Whittle, and it was riveting. Here is a link to the first part.

The Progressive Media Meltdown continues.

You may not have been aware of it, but - did you realize that you Deplorables are just not Smart Enough for the Progressive Stars? They don't want you in their audience, and have said so.

Naturally, this means that you will be limited to Pat Boone records and Hee-Haw re-runs, because you will have no other choice. Until you cave in, and abandon Trump and his allies.

Because, there are NO alternatives to them.

Oh, really?

Where's Waldo? has nothing on this guy.

The LEAST lucrative college majors. Mine was worse - History. Fortunately, I had a husband who advised me to minor in a subject that I also liked - Science - with my coursework being spread out sufficiently to qualify me to teach General Science. I later took more Chemistry and Physics courses, which led me to teach those subjects.

One caveat: I majored in History, but my specialty was analysis of quantitative data, which I did well enough that a professor had me assist him in a class teaching students about databases and quantitative analysis. I was the tech assistant, and learned both dBase and SPSS.

That was quite useful to me, as I was able to get several jobs with that expertise.

Valedictorians - not as successful as you might think. It's one of those things that drive women CRAZY (OK, crazier). They often get better grades than the guys, yet see those same men stepping into better jobs, promotions, and success.

The ONLY possible explanation is that the system is rigged, right?

Wrong, as the video explains. Success at the highest levels is often tied to breaking the rules, which is NOT a trait that will mesh with high grades.

Another trait of many men that succeed - especially those joining frats - is high social intelligence - People Smarts, as it has been called. The more daring, the more adventurous, and the more willing to break rules a guy is, the more he is admired by the brothers.

In contrast, sororities are all about conformity, not opposing the other sisters, and not getting too much attention.

YES! The  Russians WERE bribing American politicians!

And, finally, just one more Weinstein story - from someone who saw, and didn't speak out. He admits his complicity in keeping quiet, but says that the full story wasn't known at the time.

He challenges all the people who knew about this to come forward, and - maybe - make up for their past ignoring the problem.

Expect a stampede of confessions from those who fear being outed for their 'playing dumb'.

Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...