Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Video is Ambiguous

I was directed to a video of someone allegedly being thrown down a flight of stairs. The alleged perp? White. The alleged vic? Black.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not DEFINITELY seeing this guy pushing her down the stairs. It looks like it COULD have been him trying to steady her, and - even trying to stop her fall.

His hand on her arm does not look like it would leave bruises. As I watched it, it did look as though his hand was not in contact when she started falling. It looked more like he was trying to stop her fall at that point.

Watch it here. Post in the comments what you see (not what you THINK is happening, but what you can actually SEE).

She admits she was resisting:
 this guy was extremely emotional... I asked him why he was being so emotional, we are leaving.'
Ms Nkumbi said the man then became 'verbally abusive' and said 'you need to leave now, this is not Africa'. 
The filmmaker said when she tried to leave, her attacker 'couldn't resist' the opportunity to grab her.
‘The way he grabbed me, I knew he was going to throw me down there. I freaked out.
Showing off her bruises under her arms from where he allegedly grabbed her, the filmmaker, who has concussion, added: ‘The last thing I remember was when I realised he was going to throw me down there'
Showing off her bruises under her arms from where he allegedly grabbed her, the filmmaker, who has concussion, added: ‘The last thing I remember was when I realised he was going to throw me down there'
‘As I'm resisting against the wall, he's trying to get me to his position and eventually I lost grip of the wall because it's a wall, there's nothing to hold on to. That's when I flew down, all the way down.’

Note the parts I bolded. There is no video to back up her CLAIMS of racist abuse.

She also puts her spin on his motivation, claiming that she KNEW that he would thrown her down.

Just watched it again. He did, apparently, use his hand to remove her from the wall, but it is NOT a push. Most of the action is hidden by his body - it's POSSIBLE that he did more, but what you can see is not indicative of that (no use of muscle or any sudden motion on his part).

It looks like she slid on her belly, which wouldn't have caused major injury - MAYBE some minor bruising.

He didn't WALK down the stairs, he ran, after a brief pause (possibly shock).

I'm going to call this a scam and a faked incident (she did head down the stairs, but she wasn't pushed), designed to get money and possibly fame out of the alleged hate crime.

UPDATE:
The woman was taken to hospital. According to local media she luckily only sustained minor injuries and was later discharged.

Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...