Monday, July 24, 2017

If You Are Sick of Politics, You MUST Read This

I'm the outlier in my family. The rest have maintained their customary Liberal/Progressive/Whatever views consistently over the years.

What has changed?

I have.

I used to express my views without fear of criticism (other than an occasional - 'wouldja knock it off, I'm trying to watch the game'). Once I deviated from the Accepted Wisdom of my group, I learned to keep my thoughts on the Down Low. It generally wasn't worth the argument.

Hence, blogging. If you don't want to hear about what I think, don't read my blogs. I write what I think, and don't bother to censor it for those who think differently.

But, too often, the Political Becomes Personal, to up-end that tired old Feminist phrase. When I read the first part of this, I'll admit - I was expecting a completely different answer to the young man's question. I was astounded to find that the answer was reasoned, patient, and decent. Especially since it was in the Village Voice.

Go read it - you won't be sorry you did.
Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...