Saturday, April 25, 2009

Equality on Earth and in Heaven

I found a post that quotes St. Maximillian Kolbe on equality:
"Let us imagine that one day all the inhabitants of the world would assemble to put into effect this sharing of all goods; and that in fact each person, granted that the world is very big, received an exactly equal portion of the wealth existing on earth.

"Then what? That very evening one man might say, 'Today I worked hard: now I am going to take rest.' Another might state, 'I understand this sharing of goods well; so let’s drink and celebrate such an extraordinary happening.' On the other hand, another might say, 'Now I am going to set to work with a will so as to reap the greatest benefit I can from what I have received.' And so, starting on the next day, the first man would have only the amount given him; the second would have less, and the third would have increased his.

"Then what do we do? Start redistributing the wealth all over again?
The site I grabbed this from has more - at Dawn Eden, where you will find the delightful blog of the woman who wrote The Thrill of the Chaste, a book about turning one's back on an over-sexualized society, and turning to spiritual fulfillment in Christ.

I haven't been writing recently about my Catholic faith. My practice of it hasn't changed, but I have focused more lately on the worldly issues. Rest assured, I am still a practicing Catholic, whose practice include rosaries, church attendance, and reading that includes meditative and spiritual topics.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...