Sunday, March 22, 2009

watching the Demise of Democracy

Our economy is on the ropes. Most of the baby boomers, hovering on the edge of retirement, have seen savings diminish. One of our friends, just retired, has had his savings reduced in a matter of a few months by 800,000 dollars.

Yeah. That'll leave a mark. Madoff was a piker in comparison.

A new fear is the change of our government to a form that Americans hold in contempt - the Banana Republic.

Now, I like the Banana Republic - the store, I mean. Nice Friday casual clothes, reasonably priced.

But, I can't say that I fancy it as a government. Particularly as a replacement for the mixed type we enjoy, that combines a republic with various forms of grass-roots participatory democracy.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...