Monday, January 15, 2007

Why Blog? Why Not?

At Hog On Ice, Steve H. rants about those wasting their time with TV.
I know so many people who pour the precious years of their lives into that stupid box. If that's what you have to live for, why do you even breathe? If you can't find something real to do, at least buy a computer and write a blog. Leave some evidence of your existence, other than a giant ass-shaped dent in a couch full of Cheeto crumbs.
I agree - I seldom watch TV - if I do, it's because I don't feel well enough to do anything involving mental stimulation. Other than that, it's because my husband wants to watch, and he feels that it's more "companionable" to watch together.

Whatever. In the interests of marital harmony, I do. But, I'm generally bored by it.

My writing on this blog may be banal, but it indicates that I lived - not just existed.

1 comment:

Francis W. Porretto said...

"...it's because my husband wants to watch, and he feels that it's more "companionable" to watch together."

I hope you have a laptop, Linda. Mine might just have saved my marriage -- and for the reason you've given here!

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...