Monday, November 06, 2006

Positives & Negatives

Positive:
I'm feeling a great deal better. My breathing has returned to virtually normal.

Negative:
My voice is, sadly, lagging - I need to baby it for a week or so, or I may lose it entirely.

Positive:
Classes went smoothly today. I finished 4 labs today on electric circuits with no problem.

Negative:
My new (to me) laptop was stolen.

Positive:
My husband took the loss well - no yelling.

Negative:
I'm using that crappy "ghetto" laptop - which needs an external keyboard to function. (BTW, "ghetto" was the term of my students).

Positive:
I HAVE a laptop, however shoddy.

On balance, not too bad. I may yet get the laptop back - however unlikely it seems. Still, if I'm out some money, at least it's not a total financial disaster - it could be worse. I do have some spare cash (frugality has it's rewards).

How can I possibly complain? I have been so blessed in life.

No matter what - I have a husband of more than 30 years who still loves and desires me. I have children I am proud to call mine, who are adults I respect and cherish. I have friends - both in my old home, and in my new.

What a country - what a life!

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...