Saturday, December 04, 2004

I KNOW IT'S REALLY NOT FUNNY, BUT I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

I found this reference to the most bizarre situation I've ever encountered, and I can't stop shaking my head in amazement.

Basically, Denver's Annual Parade of Lights has decided that what it calls "direct religious themes" are not allowed. They have "Santa Claus, gingerbread houses and toy soldiers", "the Two Spirit Society of Denver, a support group for American Indians who are homosexual, bisexual, or transgendered, honoring them as "holy people", and performers of the Lion Dance, a Chinese New Year tradition "meant to chase away evil spirits and welcome good luck and good fortune for the year".

But no Christ, no stable, no mention of the dreaded "Reason for the Season". Here's an image of what I think is important to focus on at this time of year.



No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...