Thursday, February 03, 2005

JUST A LITTLE FUN

While checking out The Viking Pundit, I found this little gem of a game. Go there and you can find a game the American Academy of Actuaries put together to give some insight into the Social Security situation.

I'm no actuary, but I doubt that Social Security can be fixed as easily as the game would suggest. They don't account for the lock today's current recipients have on legislative ba%%s. I can think of few politicians who would risk being tagged as a "granny basher". Their influence is WAY out of proportion to their numbers.

The fact that W has made this a central issue of this term is a plus - I can think of no better way to galvanize the youth of this country to register to vote, and begin taking on their civic responsibilities than an issue that affects them so directly.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...