Wednesday, August 07, 2019

The Human Spirit Resists Regimentation

At least, that's the lesson I learned from listening to the MANY immigrants of the 50s through 90s that had experienced Leftist government eager to squash them into conformity.

Frankly, the Leftists in academia seem dedicated to reducing their students to soulless automatons of Leftism.

One of the most powerful mechanisms for encouraging and promoting Freedom of Thought is the public library. Unfortunately, librarians have become radicalized from those sweet old ladies we remember from our own younger days. They no longer work to open the minds of the borrowers; their new mission is to shut down thought.

Their method for accomplishing that? Get rid of the books.

They don't have to do a Fahrenheit 451-type burning - instead, they just cull "old books" - those books that don't have the Correct Thinking on the New World Order.

No flames, just a book sale. With the unsold books going to recycling. No nasty photos reminiscent of the 1930s Nazi book burnings. Just a clean, behind-the-scenes disposal of those Nasty, non-approved Not-Leftist Thoughts.

It's not just 'bad books' that are going - it's ALL physical books. Many libraries are moving to a mostly online model. Think of it as a 1984 scenario - how much easier the allies of Big Brother would have managed, if only the books weren't a physical artifact that had to move through re-writing to re-publication. Instead, Winston would have been able to quickly move a few electrons around, and the Old History would have been no more!

This is why it's important to buy, and retain, e-books without DRM. We have to OWN those books, not just keep them IF permitted. For this reason, patronize those sites/authors who give ownership to the buyers.

Project Gutenberg is one such site - free access to older books in e-formats.

Books, games, and more - Humble Bundle.

Smashwords - DRM-free by default. Also, a place where my downloads of short stories were higher than they were on Amazon (don't know why).

A list of sites for book ownership.

More on the nitty-gritty of DRM.

Share

1 comment:

bobbie martin said...

I'm so excited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of  Dr. Anuge who got me cured from herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2) with his herbs, I never thought that I would live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from herpes, I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for a way to get rid of this disease, the hospital has been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this fateful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how @Dr_anuge7 helped someone in curing his herpes disease using his healing Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, after I received his herbs and I took it as instructed. I was cured permanently from herpes. My herpes disease was gone. so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God used a man to heal me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, people suffering from herpes, brain tumor, kidney disease, pcos, AIDS, ALS,copd, asthma, arthritis,herpes, Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can reach him now via ? Gmail address: dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp  +2348164866838

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...