Obama doesn't want the Gulf cleared of oil. He WANTS the oil there, so he can capitalize on the disaster.
- He was slow in the initial response
- His agencies (with his approval) have hindered efforts
- Making ships in process of working stop for unneeded inspections of safety equipment
- Refusing to meet with BP management & issuing unconstitutional orders to confiscate their money - in advance of a court judgement
- Refusing to accept offered assistance from other countries
- Forbidding Gov. Jindal to keep the oil from reaching the shores of LA by nixing all his proposals
- Using EPA regulations to slow the clean-up
- Appearing at the sites only for photo ops - he left before any meeting with company or local government could occur. Is he afraid he will learn that the crisis could be managed, IF he wanted it to be?