Thursday, June 09, 2016

How Our American Culture Might Change

People might consider following this advice, which I found at Bastion of Liberty.

I know, I know.  You ONLY watch 60 Minutes.  Well, and maybe the Super Bowl.

But that's it.

Well, except for your favorite show.  And the one that precedes it.  And the one that follows it.

But that's it.

Well, for that night anyway.

And, you know, you just HAVE to watch Dancing with the Stars.  And Big Brother.  And True Blood.

And on...and on...and on...

I've been thinking about how much television/cable/HMC (that's my husband's favorite) I've been watching lately.

And, I am frankly NOT happy about it.

I'm wasting a substantial amount of MY LIFE.  Which, BTW, is getting shorter and shorter.

Go, read what Ace has written at the link.  And, then, think about how you want to spend the last days of your life:

  • Reminiscing about the hours you spent in front of the TV
  • Hurrying a conversation because "your show" will be on in a few minutes
  • Contemplating the fat cells that you laid down while lolling in the lounge chair
  • Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, as Yul Brynner used to say
I recently spent an evening having the most fun I'd had in ages.  I was in Cleveland, and my children introduced me to Cards Against Humanity.  It sounded like a tired Leftist waste of time, but it was engaging, humorous, and promoted conversation in the players.


Unplug.

Of course, your motivation for unplugging is vital.  Is it a permanent divorce?  A temporary separation?

William Gibson insists that the Net is a waste of time.  However, he does waste his time on it.


Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...