Friday, June 23, 2006

Touched by an Angel

A funny thing happened on the way home from Winthrop University, in Rock Hill, SC.

I was tired (asthma challenges made me lose sleep last week), and I was mulling about my husband's situation. He's had a tough year; he's had some strange physical symptoms that took an inordinate amount of time to resolve. Work - well, let's just say that he can't retire until next February. So, our living-apart situation will continue until then. All of which combined to a very low emotional state for him.

As a result, he's been distractible and unfocused. I've been truly more than a little worried about him. He's the only husband (past or present) I've got.

As I drove, I started talking to God, asking him to take care of my family, with a special emphasis on the hubby. I began to feel a little better - it does lighten the load to give some of it to God.

Just then, a dove flew by, right in front of my car. Not close enough to worry about hitting it, just close enough for it to get my attention.



Did I mention that Touched by an Angel was my husband's favorite show?

Tags = Personal

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...