Thursday, November 24, 2005

Post-Thanksgiving Report

It was a good holiday, with all the kids and grandkids present. My two brothers were also here; both are single, so it was important to bring them into the celebration.

And we have much to be thankful for. I'm employed full-time; in the Greater Cleveland region, many teachers, however good and accomplished, are not. True, I had to move to SC, but I've found their welcome to be very warm.

My husband is healing. He will still be on high doses of antiobiotics and antihistamines for the next few weeks, but they seem to be working.

Everyone arrived safely. No accidents. With the weather outside, that was a minor miracle.

Although I've been cold since I arrived, there are always blankets. And sweaters. And love to keep me warm.

I'll be here for 2 more days, then back to SC again; this time, it will only be 3 weeks until I return. I have an unusually long vacation - 2 1/2 weeks at Christmas - excuse me, WINTER break. It is, of course, merely a coincidence that a certain unmentionable C*******n holiday unfailingly falls on that sacred time when Americans pay homage to the Earth Mother and her female sidekick, the Moon, in that joyous season known as the Winter Solstice.



Tags = Family

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...