Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Channeling Martha Stewart...OK, maybe Erma Bombeck

I arrived home late yesterday, with snow swirling around me. What a horrible welcome from the Yankees!

This morning, I got up early, and started tackling the house. Yes, after several months away, and two men (plus, briefly, a family of five, including 2 toddlers) had caused the expected chaos. The kitchen was piled high with pots and pans.

3 1/2 hours later, the stove is clear and clean, I can actually see several of the countertops, and I'm about 1/2-way through the backlog. I've also sorted mail and paperwork, and eaten.

I'm almost ready for a nap.

Realistically, with my husband sidelined with a painful infection, it's going to take at least 3 days just to restore order. I may not be able to achieve my plans of finding stuff to take back with me.

Oh, well, there's always Christmas vacation.

Tags = Family

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...