Saturday, August 13, 2005

NOTHING COULD BE FINER...



I'm here in South Carolina, working at a local high school, finally teaching science full-time for the first time in a while. The weather has been stormy, which has kept it cooler (still pretty hot and muggy for a Yankee girl), and keeps the bugs from driving me crazy. The people have been very welcoming, and I'm cautiously optimistic.

On the other hand, I miss my husband and family very much.

I arrive Tuesday night, after driving for almost 11 hours. The storms followed me from WV, all the way down. I spent today driving to the nearest big city, to buy school supplies and a few personal items. Viewed from inside an air-conditioned car, it's a beautiful state. I'm in the section called the Lowlands, which means don't even THINK about digging a basement.



Some friends have been generous with their house, and I'm temporarily settled in. I'll be looking for a more permanent place over the next month. It can be small, because my husband may not be able to join me until later this year.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...