Friday, June 24, 2005

SCROLL DOWN FOR TEXT

UPDATE:

7:54 pm - Eastern time

I've been playing around with this blog WAY too long. What happened was that the text no longer displayed anywhere the sidebar appeared. That meant, as the blogroll and stuff was there, that the text of the current posts didn't show up until near the bottom of a very long page.

What I did was play around with the template (after trying all other solutions). I changed it, and it should appear fine in any browser. The down side is that I really liked the original template. Be aware, I'm going to play around with it this weekend (you can tell that I really don't have a life off the web). If I can't get the original template back, I'm going to try to design my own - OMG, that sounds like a real geek talking.


It appears that the text may be appearing below - WAY below. I'm going to play with it to see if I can fix it.


Don't know what's going on, but when I bring up my blog, all that displays is the first line of the last post. The sidebars are intact, but the "guts" of the blog is absent. I checked at blogger, and everything is intact, so I guess it's a temporary problem of display.

I get the same problem in Internet Explorer, so it's not browser-specific. If it doesn't straighten out by the time I get home, I'll try calling tech support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you figured it out (at least, your blog looks fine to me now) -- but I thought I'd let you know that this has happened to me a couple of times when I've been horsing around with stuff, and it always seems to be a width definition problem. At least the way I have stuff set up, the sidebar widths take precedence over the main section width, so if I stick something like a picture in the main section that makes the total width too big, it bumps the middle section down below the sidebars.

Akaky said...

Yikes! the same thing just happened to me as well. I wonder if there is some sort of blog virus infecting Blogger. In any case, can I change the template and keep the links and stuff that I've accumulated or do I have to reinstall all of that once I've changed the template? Did you have to do any of that?

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...