Tuesday, December 07, 2004

IS ANYONE AS BOTHERED ABOUT THIS AS ME?

I've been reading on other blogs about the substitution of "Merry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays". I'm really getting steamed about that.

It's not that I want to impose my religion on anyone else, but I also don't want to have to hide mine to avoid offending others. After all, I don't insist that Muslims or Jews or Hindus censor their expression of their spiritual self. Why can't I get the same courtesy?

In Denver, the Parade of Lights won't allow Christian participation.

In major department store chains, employees are forbidden to wish customers "Merry Christmas".

In schools, students take "Winter Break".

Yeah, right. Our society is so crazy about celebrating the Winter Solstice, we take off for 2 weeks. I'm waiting for the day that we also celebrate the Fall and Spring Equinox with 2 week vacations. That'll happen.

Come on, folks. Admit it. It's really because of Christmas. Stop lying that we have a cultural tradition of exchanging gifts because of the return to longer days.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...