Saturday, August 29, 2026

I've Been Busy for a Long Time

When I was talking to my sister yesterday, she noted that it had been some time since I posted here. That was due to an ungodly heavy set of life issues and responsibility.


Every morning, I appreciate the invigorating Nature of the Magic Bean more. Doesn't just add energy, it adds mental clarity.
I rehabbed my new knee very quickly; the second replacement responded fast. I'm still working on strength and ability to cover long distances without hitting the wall, but results are much better than last time, and overall pain is insignificant. 
Dr. Hardy did an amazing job!
Much of the spring and early summer was taken up by long neglected tasks, running around helping others handle mini-emergencies, and preparing for the annual Medicare recertification. Important, but time consuming.
By mid-summer, my own health issues, and my husband's, were paramount. His were eye and managing chronic conditions. 
I was going to appointments, as he sometimes needed a driver. For my, I was dragged down by immune issues: seasonal allergies, eczema, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis, which mostly affects hands and feet at this point. Mobility issues in my hands limited both physical work, and ability to use the computer other tablet.
I was worn out by fatigue.
Yesterday, I was returning from dropping my daughter off at the airport, and I suddenly was completely drained. I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to drive home.
I decided to stop at the walk-in clinic down the road. I was seen, and sent for a chest X-Ray. I also was prescribed a new inhaler for my asthma, and steroids to bring me back to normal functioning. 
The chest was fine, no pneumonia, which was a long shot, but possible. They did see some scarring on the lungs, not progressive, but evidence of prior damage from infections. 
I've had continuing issues from childhood, so that doesn't surprise me. I wasn't finally diagnosed with asthma until my mid-40s. I seldom wheeze, which is one common indicator. Still don't.
I already feel better today. Last night was the best sleep I've had in months.



No comments:

I've Been Busy for a Long Time

When I was talking to my sister yesterday, she noted that it had been some time since I posted here. That was due to an ungodly heavy set of...