Saturday, May 15, 2010

What Does the Megachurch Look Like?

And they call the Catholic Church "ritualistic"!
All kidding aside, this reminds me of a discussion I had with my daughter.  She LOVED Sister Act (well, it is quite entertaining and funny).  I said that, for a movie with a "Catholic" understory, it surprisingly showed little of the Church.  I pointed out that the movie showed a mass, but failed to include the central point of the mass, the Eucharist.  For Catholics, the music is nice, but not the essential part of the service (nor, for that matter, is the preaching the main focus).  For Protestants, the music and the preaching are the central parts - is it any wonder that they excel at both?

Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...