Correlation is not causation, but it can be awfully suggestive.
(Francis Porretto, Bastion of Liberty)
This is How to Treat the Disabled
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
I found this video at First Things, in The Anchoress blog. The young man has the crowd on his side, and the sound of the crowd joining in, helping him finish is an example of the best that Americans can be.
..Bad, bad, back! I'm out today from work (hate to do that, but I really am in bad shape). Can't get into the doctor's until Monday, so, need to call off for that day, too. AND make up some lessons that the kids can do without me. It's more work than going to work, so, usually, I just suck it up. Not today, though. I'm a big baby about severe pain. Since I didn't take work home with me, and I really don't like TV, I'll plan on catching up with my web reading and blogging. Then, later, after lunch, maybe a little Roku.
I work in a public school. As a result, I've occasionally been corrected - very gently, I must say - when I refer to the 2 week vacation at the end of the year as "Christmas Break". Oh, no, I am informed, it's a GENERIC holiday celebration (I generally refrain from pointing out that HOLIDAY is a variant of the original HOLY DAY). Just happens that SO many important holidays occur around this time that it's convenient to adjourn for vacation. I always respond by saying, "I'll call it Winter Break the very first year that it DOESN'T include Christmas". Christmas is the ONLY reason for the break - it comes at a bad time, just before the end of the semester. It would make FAR more sense to delay the vacation for another week, give the tests, then adjourn for a between-semesters vacation. Won't happen. Parents (most of them taxpayers and/or voters) would have the school boards roasted - like chestnuts - for daring to implement the sensible swi...
Comments
Excellent commentary. Great video!!