Saturday, February 18, 2017

A Cultural Epiphany

My husband and I caught the end of Mrs. Doubtfire. He remarked that the movie affected him differently, since Robin William's death. I countered that Mr. Williams, like many actors, had the rare human experience of having his work outlast his life.

Afterwards, however, I was struck by a sudden thought:

This is the NORM for kids today - that their parents will not be living together, and that they will be traveling to other 'homes' for visitation.

My husband quipped that our children were 'handicapped' - they'd lived with parents who were not only together, but married.

When making decisions about our relationships, we might ask ourselves:

What is the norm that you want your kids to have experienced?

Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...