Thursday, July 18, 2013

We Are Called to be Saints

Boy, do I ever feel unworthy of that ambition!

From Catholic Stand:
We are called to be saints. Granted, it is a rather lofty directive. Few people ever really feel up to the challenge. We struggle with our earthly duties and challenges while viewing sainthood as a celestial attainment reserved for “the chosen.” However, Scripture clearly tells us that we must“strive for that holiness, without which you will not see the Lord.” (Hebrews 12:14) Yet how often do we view people who seek holiness with skepticism and criticism? Perhaps the doubts are not about the person’s sincerity in achieving conversion, but more about the uncertainty of achieving our own sainthood.

From that perspective, I REALLY am spinning my wheels - not only am I hopeless in accomplishing anything on this Earth, but I'm failing miserably in Heavenly accomplishments, as well.

Have I sinned greatly - well, too much for comfort, but, compared to others, not that badly.

But I can't measure myself against the rest of the world - what counts is that I act according to the best that I am able.

We need to begin organizing ourselves into something like this Mastermind Group - but, not with secular purpose - instead, with spiritual growth as our goal.  As was suggested in my study group's reading this spring, we need to have regular meetings with a study group, dedicated to providing support for our achieving our spiritual best.

Click on the link for a free copy of the book that got me so excited - it only costs shipping and handling for a single copy.  6 copies are only $3/each.

4 signs

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...