Friday, April 15, 2011

Reading on the Kindle

I downloaded a story from the Project Gutenberg site.  "The Tudors: The Complete Story of England's Most Notorious Dynasty".

It's been absolutely RIVETING.  I've been reading it late at night, on my lunch hour, anytime I have a few minutes.  It's like reading a Early Renaissance National Enquirer.  Sex, perfidy, religion, greed, jockeying for position, palace intrigue.



I'm just about 1/2 way through.  This all lead to a search for the speculation about why Henry VIII died - was it syphillis?

According to some, NOT!

His symptoms were more indicative of Diabetes II - adult onset type.  Apparently, he may not have been quite the lover he was said to be - more inclined to find a woman, and marry her.  Again, and again.  One of the clues is that his offspring were quite intelligent - the children of syphilitics are likelier to be sub-normal intelligence.

Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...