Monday, January 18, 2010

Taking Advantage of a Crisis

Update:  I finally found a reference to the Rahm Emmanuel quote:
35) Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before. -- Rahm Emanuel

I had to play this video of Obama's speech in support of Martha Coakley in MA several times before I caught the breathtaking comment he made on "those" who would take advantage of a crisis - it starts just after 22.15.



At 24.25, Obama finally gets the audience a little excited, when he urges them to send someone "who represents the best progressive values" - yeah, that's what the voters are afraid of.  These "progressive values" are killing the economy, imposing huge tax increases on the nation, and inhibiting job growth.

Altogether, a lack-luster, stumbling performance.  I give it a C-.

Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...