But, first, the important things. Like politics.
- The Health Care bill(s) - there are more than 1 version, you know. It makes it easier to say "oh, that's not in the bill" and not have your tongue fall off due to blatant lying. However, it's a shell game, and one that responsible lawmakers ought not to play.
- Obama's Far East trip - meh. Not historic (despite the Obamite press superlatives), not worthy of mention. The bow? I think it's an attempt to deflect attention from the Saudi King bow. "Oh, THAT bow? Nothing to talk about. I do that all the time (except to the Queen of England, who I disrespected big-time)."
- Twilight? Another soppy, Wuthering Heights-type gothic romance for silly girls and their even sillier mothers. Rather disturbing that Bella takes so lightly the loss of her soul, but probably to be expected in a secular-worshipping world.
- The trials of terrorists? Shameful that precedent (and good sense) are to be ignored. I predict nothing but waste of money, bad legal precedents, and ridiculous amounts of publicity for the terrorist organizations.
- Thanksgiving? I am truly thankful for my (relative) good health. My baby sister is facing surgery this Tuesday, outcome a total mystery. But, with all the prayers being offered for her, I am hopeful.
- My dear SIL is facing probable lay-off; he and my daughter are making their Christmas plans with that in mind. It was probably inevitable that unemployment would hit a family member; many are facing a bleak Christmas. Let's not forget, however, that the gifts and spending are the smallest part of the holidays.