Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Planting - or, why I cut my nails off

I went on my annual spring planting frenzy. I scooped up dirt (hence, the need to get rid of excess nails), re-potted, and watered in a whirlwind of activity. I'd had some disappointing personal news, and I decided to move into action, to banish the blues.

I planted:

herbs - oregano, dill, and thyme







bird gourds - we have so many birds, I thought I would try making feeding places for next winter (or maybe the year after - I really don't know how long they have to dry out before being useful)



tomatos, so my granddaughter would have something to eat when she visits




and, just for something beautiful, marigolds.


No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...