Saturday, October 04, 2008

Why the Change in Template?

I hadn't realized that Kim didn't know this:
I discovered that croissants were originally invented to celebrate the defeat of the Muslim Turkish army at Vienna in 1683. I did not know that.
I thought it was pretty common knowledge.

NOTE: It appears that the story may be a relatively modern legend.

I don't eat many croissants, myself. The off-the-shelf ones are yucky. Don't even get me started on the breakfast croissants.

But, as a tangible symbol of resistance to Islamic takeover by war, I'm for them.

I'm enjoying Black Coffee by Ella Fitzgerald on the Pandora Radio. Great song. I'm getting to appreciate the old jazz singers, thanks to ease of using the Pandora station. No, I'm not paid to endorse them, I just really like the service.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...