Saturday, October 04, 2008

Slo-Mo Day

I'm lounging around this morning, thoroughly enjoying NOT having to get up early.

I'm on my own this morning - DH is in Cleveland, visiting his doctor. As the air fare was too much (more than $350, one way), I opted to stay in SC by myself. While I enjoy the company most of the time, every once in a while, it's fun to give in to total selfishness, and eat what I want, sleep when I want, and, generally, do anything I please.

One thing I enjoy is NOT having the TV on. On my own, I either have nothing, or some jazz on the radio (often Internet radio - I'm especially fond of the Pandora station). I have my own stations - Billie Holliday, Miles Davis, and Jazz Fusion.

I've been reading Ari Kaufman of the Pajamas Media, who is analyzing the chances of the swing states swinging for Obama. I was struck by a phrasing I've noticed in many commentators, on TV, radio, newspaper, and Internet: he talks about Obama, but then uses the phrase McCain/Palin.

Think about it - Palin is considered influential enough to be an integral part of the ticket, mentioned in one breath. So, Obama, as planned by McCain, is running against 2 people - no wonder he looks tired lately.

Has anyone noticed they almost never mention Biden the same way?

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...