Why do I call him that?
- He broke precedent when he began publicly commenting on Presidential actions. Think of it - he's still taking money from the US, but acting contrary to our interests.
- He travels the world, using the cachet of his former position to intervene in foreign affairs - including secret negotiations with heads of foreign governments. The Logan Act, still on the books, specifically forbids private citizens (that's you, Jimmuh) from the following:
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.Sounds like Jimmuh better start loading up on cigarettes to trade in prison.
- His hostile attitudes towards Jews. His new books contains a substantial amount of anti-Semitism, enough that 14 members of the Carter Center resigned in protest.
But, his recent actions go beyond the pale. He is wrong to keep taking money from the US, yet act in ways that directly hurt the government and its citizens. You can't have it both ways - either stop his ILLEGAL actions, or give up the pension and expense money, and stop referring to himself as the "Former President".
Y'all ain't in charge now, Jimmuh. And, God willing, we'll never go back to the days of your Presidency, and its accomplishments, including:
- Failure to act in defense of American officials, as you did in the Iranian hostage crisis.
- Double-digit inflation. AND sky-high unemployment.
- Establishment of the Department of Energy and Department of Education, both of which suck up substantial amounts of money, but deliver no solutions.
- The Camp David accords, which emboldened the "Palestinians" by giving them everything they asked for, yet not stopping their terrorist activities in Israel. Also gave you a totally undeserved Peace Prize, which has apparently gone straight to your head. Jimmuh, you ain't no Ghandi.
- The Panama Canal treaties, which led to Noriega's reign of terror, before Reagan sent in the troops to take him out.
- Full diplomatic relations with China. No concessions on their side about human rights. Guess the US is the only country that needs to be sensitive to human rights.
- He took the nukes out of S. Korea. At the time, I'm sure he believed that he made the stalemate less dangerous.
One of Carter's first acts in office was to order the unilateral removal of all nuclear weapons from South Korea. He also announced his intention to remove all US troops from South Korea. During his first month in office he cut the defense budget by $6 Billion.However, with Kim II testing nuclear weapons, I think the least Carter should do is to apologize to S. Korea.
- But what about human rights?
The Carter Administration ended support to the historically U.S.-backed Somoza dictatorship in Nicaragua and gave aid to pro-U.S. factions of the Sandinista National Liberation Front Revolution after Somoza had been overthrown. However, Carter ignored a plea from El Salvador's Archbishop Óscar Romero not to send military aid to that country. Romero was later assassinated for his criticisms of El Salvador's violation of human rights.Hmmm. Guess that old HR stuff is only for those agreeing with tyrants.
- Did his HR policy work better in the Dark Continent?
after Bishop Abel Muzorewa was elected Prime Minister, protested that the Marxists Robert Mugabe and Joshua Nkomo had been excluded from the elections. Strong pressure from the United States and the United Kingdom prompted new elections in what was then called Zimbabwe Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe).And we all know what a paradise on Earth Zimbabwe is today.
I hold no personal animosity towards Carter. I just wish he'd SHUT UP!
Speaking of Shutting Up,
Mr. Cash & Kerry, y'all weren't even elected. Not even close. So, what the heck are you doing wandering the world, consorting with declared enemies of the US?