Saturday, March 11, 2006

Their Slip is Showing

Ankle Biting Pundits has a post on the sagging Bush poll numbers. It's a pretty good take-down on the skewed nature of the sample.

One of the biggest problems I have with polling is the sloppy way questions are often worded:
Generally speaking, would you say things in this country are heading in the right direction, or are they off on
the wrong track?
I can think of several ways that could be interpreted:
  • Bush is leading us in the wrong direction
  • Bush is leading us in the right direction, but not fast enough.
  • Bush is leading us in the right direction, but those !@#$%^&* in Congress are blocking every move.
  • Bush is leading us in the right direction, but those !@#$%^&* in the Main Stream Media are blocking every move.

Although I was a History major in college, I specialized in data crunching - collection and analysis of quantitative data. Fortunately, my offbeat interest captured the attention of my advisor, Dr. Ramos, and another number-cruncher, Dr. Wheeler. They nurtured my interests, and I learned a lot about how numbers can be massaged and fondled into submission.

Tags = News and Politics

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...