Saturday, December 03, 2005

Wow! I'm still in awe!

I just came home from the best concert I ever attended - the Hallelujah Singers sang with our high school choirs. It was an amazing experience.

The group, whose CD you can order on the link, is different, dazzling, and delightful (that's it for the D's). They billed the concert as "A Gullah Christmas". Having moved to this area only a short time ago, I felt I owed it to myself to find out what the culture was about.

Wow! I mean, WOW!

They took my breath away. I sat there, too stunned to applaud, with tears in my eyes. The singers appeared in the movie "Forrest Gump", which also had its location scenes shot locally. Trust me on this, you will want the CD for this year, and every year thereafter. It's a classic.

You can check the sound out by going to this site, and downloading a sample MP3.



Tags = Music

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...