Tuesday, May 10, 2005

MY LATEST OBSESSION

I've been updating my knowledge about Nicaragua over the last few days. I majored in history in college, and, by default, I took quite a few classes on Latin American history. As my foreign language was Spanish, and I attended college during the 80's, Nicaragua was a hot topic.

Several of my professors traveled there - yes, they were pro-FSLN. I read the local papers they brought back. I've decided to brush up on my Spanish, as well; locally, I can get Central American papers. I could get by reading the paper, as long as it wasn't too technical.

I've been keeping track of what's going on, and I just have a funny feeling that the area could be a hot spot in the near future. In any case, it wouldn't hurt to improve my language skills.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...