Friday, December 17, 2004

WHAT IS THE VALUE OF TREATING THE IRAQUIS WELL?

I was catching on my Daily Reading on Little Green Footballs, and ran across this story, about a patrol returning to an area they'd been before:
The lead vehicle reported a little girl sitting in the road and said she just would not budge. The command vehicle told the lead to simply go around her and to be kind as they did. The street was wide enough to allow this maneuver and so they waved to her as they drove around.

As the vehicles went around her, I soon saw her sitting there and in her arms she was clutching a little bear that we had handed her a few patrols back. Feeling an immediate connection to the girl, I radioed that we were going to stop. The rest of the convoy paused and I got out the make sure she was OK. The little girl looked scared and concerned, but there was a warmth in her eyes toward me. As I knelt down to talk to her, she moved over and pointed to a mine in the road.

I started to tear up as I realized the bravery of this little girl. The Americans had treated her kindly, and she put her life on the line for them.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...