Monday, November 22, 2004

I'M BA-A-A-A-C-K!!!

I was finally sprung from the hospital this afternoon, after 5 days of very good medical and nursing treatment. But, no matter how good the treatment, a hospital is never a good place to be.

I had my innards poked and prodded, in an worthwhile effort to find the source of my breathing difficulties. They x-rayed, bled, monitored bodily fluids and gases entrance and exit, and had me wearing a heart-monitoring harness for 4 days. All of the tests were negative.

In the end, they cautiously diagnosed a very resistant respiratory infection, or two. The most likely cause - two or more competing infections, that fought for supremacy.

Nice to be able to assert authority over the germs, and emerge triumphant. I'm still weak and shaky, but definitely on the mend.

The doctor said not to do too much. After seeing the condition of the house, I felt it wiser to go to work Monday and Tuesday. It should be much more restful.

It's kind of sad that I have to go to work to rest.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...