Saturday, September 04, 2004

IT'S AMAZING THE THOUGHTS THAT POP INTO YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU ARE SLEEP-DEPRIVED

I was aimlessly cruising the blogs, when I reached the Ann Althouse site. Never been there before, and don't quite know how I missed it.

She was writing about Zell Miller's speech. I read what she had to say, and the thought popped into my head, "My Dad would have loved Zell."

My Dad was an old-fashioned hillbilly from West Virginia. He left home as a teenager, and never really returned, except for visits to the family. Politically, he was a renegade. He registered to vote for the first time to support George Wallace, a man who resonated with the Populist, working class. He mostly voted Democratic after that, although he was thoroughly disgusted with the social positions of the Democrats.

Zell is a throwback to the FDR Democrats. I don't think you have to reach all the way back to Andrew Jackson to get to his roots.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...