Friday, June 25, 2004

NOT QUITE HELL, BUT CLOSE

I'm in AZ. I've never been this hot before. I keep hearing it's a dry heat, but, you know,

That's also true of an OVEN!


I've been attending Arizona State University in Tempe, AZ for a modeling workshop. No, that's not the one where you learn to work the runway. It's a method of teaching science and math (and, possibly other disciplines, but I only know about science and math). It requires a teacher to think long and hard about how students learn about relationships, particularly math relationships.

I've learned a great deal, but it's really difficult to make the transition to thinking about teaching this way. I'd like to try putting it into practice, but, first, I need to get a job.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...