Wednesday, January 03, 2018

My New Post Day

I'm going to set Wednesday as the day I post, from now until I have my life under better control.

I didn't set resolutions this year. Instead, I contemplated where I had been, and where I wanted to be at the end of this year.

Some things I'll be focusing on:

  • Household - I'll continue the house re-organizing (or, in some parts, initial organizing). My goal is to begin hitting the maintenance targets (weekly chores), then moving forward as much as I am able on chipping away at getting rid of clutter.
  • Financial - this is 2 part. 
    • I'm going to be working with my husband to get his business off the ground. His plan is to hit Silver in Nikken (he's close, but he'll need my help to reach the next level), which would provide a base income separate from Social Security or pensions.
    • Setting up financial records, and scanning as much of the paperwork as I can.
  • Writing - I'm going to start with the revision each day, then planning A8, then any other writing (blogging, short stories, nonfiction). I've set minimum targets for the revision and planning.
  • Blogging - I'm setting up schedules (here - every Wed., Liberty's Torch, MWF, Retiring, TTh). My goal is to be blogging both as a way to practice skills, and as a source of future books, if possible.
  • Exercise - tomorrow, I'll be hoisting myself to the Y, and getting in some base stretching, walking, biking, and - for fun - swimming.
  • Food management - I'm setting the goal of writing down everything I eat. Hopefully, I'll be making better choices as the month progresses.



Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...