Here's the list, illustrated, courtesy of Kjos Ministries. Perhaps someone can develop buttons for an Alinsky Alert?
All of these are Alinsky Tactics:
1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."
Sure, you and I aren't afraid of these union members individually, but together, they can intimidate by their supposed voting power (and their fellow members eagerness to break heads of dissenters).
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people.
In his case, it's just about everything.
3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.
For example, George Bush examining the barcode scanner - the actual technology was fairly new at the time. Even today, very few people could explain, in detail, just exactly how they work, and the physics of it.
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.
Unlike YOUR guys, who are free to ignore morality entirely.
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
Fair? Who Cares? Make the most lame joke possible, and, when the target responds, insist she has no sense of humor. Preferably, the joke should be sexist, racist, and include family members or an organization she holds dear. Oooh, best if it's ALL of those.
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
Like Bustin' Heads.
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
As do the tacticians.
8. "Keep the pressure on,...
And on, and on, and on...
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
For example, the threat to hold one's breath until he turns blue.
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
For example, the operations of the MSM.
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside...
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
Which the Democrats don't have.
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
This one, they've kind of done to death; so much so, that they had to replace him with Sarah.
Think I'm kidding about those Rules for Radicals? You need to read them.