Friday, June 18, 2010

Mom's Birthday

Today is the anniversary of my mother's birth.  She died in 1994, of an untreated stroke.

She was outgoing, always up for a good time, and the joy of my father's life.  He was a rather glum soul, given to long stretches of not talking or socializing.  Without her, he had so few social outlets, and simply pined away over time.

She was only a few years older than I am today - about 6 years.  Due to complications of rheumatoid arthritis, she had been in a wheelchair most of the last 15 years of her life.

I sometimes wonder whether Obamacare would have thought her life worth continuing.  If not, they would be wrong; she brought a lot of joy to everyone who knew her.

Share

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...