Sunday, May 11, 2008

Power Surges

In my youth, jokes about hot flashes were funny - no, they were hysterically funny.

No more.

I'm currently experiencing about 10-20 power surges a day. It's been going on for a few months, and I see no end in sight.

As I'm living in SC, a relatively warm and humid part of the country, this is becoming a real source of irritability. I get woken up at least 3-4 times a week by the overheating.

Gulping down cool liquids helps to cool me down again. Unfortunately, the secondary effect of loading up on liquids usually kicks in again a few hours later, necessitating a hasty trip to the bathroom.

Did I mention that the lack of sleep is making me VERY CRANKY?

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...