ISSUES & SOLUTIONSFirst, there is no harassment of Muslim women wearing hajibs in airports. There may be a requirement that they reveal their face (to a woman), as it is not only POSSIBLE that they could be someone other than the reputed passenger, it HAS HAPPENED that an impersonater took the place of a veiled woman (in several cases, cowardly terrorists - yes, I realize that's a redundant phrase - have put on the hijab to escape lawful authorities).
QUESTION: What are issues and recommendations for solutions that are unique to Muslim Americans?
1. A Law against harrassment of a Muslim women wearing Hijab at the Airport, DMV and other public arenas.
2. Institute a Law to allow Muslim Employees to take a hours off from work for Friday Jummah Prayer.
3. Make the 2 Eid's, recognized National Holidays on Calendars with days off from work.
4. Optional Halal meals in federal buildiings, public schools and colleges.
5. Provide prayer areas suitable for Salah and Jummah, in public and private facilities. (i.e. Malls, Airports, Universities and government buildings.)
6. Organize a Muslim American group to assist in recommendations for US foreign policy affecting majority Muslim countries.
I don't have the right to take off for religious observances, unless it's mentioned in the employee handbook or union contract. Generally, it's not been a major problem, if the observance is once or twice a year. But, this site is demanding the release EVERY WEEK.
I don't believe that these Muslims have noticed, CHRISTMAS isn't a national holiday. In deference to the MANY employees who would like the time off, most employers close down for Christmas Day. SOME also close down over Easter (schools, for example). It isn't required, but an accomodation to a cultural norm.
I don't have access to private prayer rooms in most public buildings - why should they have what I don't?
Nobody has organized a Catholic group to "assist in recommendations for US foreign policy affecting majority Catholic countries" - so what makes them so special?
Answer - nothing.