Sunday, November 12, 2006

This Woman Has NO Shame!

From New York Daily News, courtesy of Mudville Gazette the news - former Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski is out to get even with the big, bad men who didn't buy her lame excuses for letting Abu Ghraib prison get so off track.



She's testifying in a law suit in Germany, accusing Rumsfield of being the EVIL genius behind the disgraceful tormenting of the prisoners. That would be because, as a woman, you know, she just couldn't have been incompetent.



Which, at best, she was.



At the worst, she knew what was going on, and didn't stop it because she agreed with it.



She was slapped on the wrist for her inaction, as a result of the investigation. The investigators went on record: Karpinski was extremely emotional during much of her testimony. What I found particularly disturbing in her testimony was her complete unwillingness to either understand or accept that many of the problems inherent in the 800th MP Brigade were caused or exacerbated by poor
leadership and the refusal of her command to both establish and enforce basic standards and principles among its soldiers. (ANNEX 45 and the Personal Observations of the Interview Team) I especially disliked about her was her multiple appearances on TV, batting her eyes and claiming that she just couldn't do anything about the actions of those bad men.



From an interview with Karpinski:

General, a commander is responsible for everything her unit does or fails to do. You were ultimately responsible, were you not? Are you attempting to deflect blame by saying it was a "shared responsibility?"



Brig. Gen. Janis L. Karpinski: No. I accept responsibility for
my soldiers and it is not uncommon in a military deployment for
soldiers to be assigned or attached to another command or take orders
from another commander. In this case, the soldiers were reacting or
following the orders of people they felt were in authority. However
that comes out as a result of the investigation will not and does not
diminish my responsibility. I am responsible for those soldiers and I
take responsibility to the appropriate extent.




For example, if I had knowledge or if I were standing in close
proximity and heard another officer giving orders to my soldiers and I
ignored my responsibility, that is a failure of leadership. If I had no
knowledge that my soldiers were ordered to do specific things, then it
becomes a shared responsibility because the person giving the orders is
accepting the responsibility for those orders and those actions. If the
person giving the orders is not in my chain of command, I can't
influence him or hold him responsible because I have no authority over
him.

What a pathetic excuse for a soldier!





powered by performancing firefox

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...