Saturday, March 04, 2006

Cleaning up

I finally got disgusted with the speed of my page loading, and decided to go in an clean up:

  • Got rid of the Stickam Player. I didn't really have much time to work with it, and may in the future on another page, but the bottom line is that it took too long to load, took up too much space, and didn't deliver anything I needed that badly.
  • Cleared out some old links I never used.
  • Trimmed some redundant code.

As a result, I speeded up the loading process about 300%. Well worth my time.

Sorry it took so long - my allergies have been kicking up (the down side of a temperate climate), and I've been holding together just long enough to get through work, then come home and crash.

Tags = Blogging

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...