Thursday, September 01, 2005

AT LEAST I SHOULD GET A GOOD SEAT ON THE PLANE

I'm sitting at home, with ice on my ankles.

I injured them earlier today, running out to go to work. I slipped on the steps in the dark, and fell.

Both ankles are sore and swollen, the left just slightly (probably a mild sprain), but the right, even with an air cast, hurting to flex even a little.

I'm trying to hang in there, as I have to catch a plane in Savannah tomorrow evening. I'm going to go, no matter what, so I'll do whatever I have to (shades of Scarlett O'Hara - I swear, this move has truly affected me).

A kind friend on the faculty has offered me crutches, and I'll try to avoid even standing tomorrow. I can use the overhead, and depend on the "kindliness of strangers" to quote Blanche DuBois.

I'm going to make this post short, as I still have to pack.

3 comments:

Barb said...

*Ow* What a pain! Hope your trip goes off as planned anyhow.

Linda Fox said...

Thank you - I'm home right now, and it's wonderful to see everyone.

I'm not as bad as I feared - OTC pain-killers are handling it, and I have a cane for making walking easier.

SC&A said...

A bit of levity- As my father would say when we tripped or dropped something, 'Good thing you don't work with explosives."

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...