the BEST 23 Ebonics titles in the blogosphere.
* Too Many Children Who Can’t Read? Let’s Make it Worse!
* Reason to Homeschool #56465115
* We be teachin’ Ebonics
* Maybe the Name of this Stupid Program Sounds Better in Ebonics
* Idiot with a PhD
* Ebonics Be Back In Bidness
* Poor Speech Skills are now a Civil Right
* Say What?
* Notorious B.I.G.
* Yo, Yo, Yo, Only in California
* Much Learning Hath Made Them Mad
* I be Getting All Learneded
* Ebonics in the Hizzle for the Rizzle
* This Ain’t No Jive: Ebonics Be Back
* Ebonics Be Back
* Calling Bill Cosby
* Ebonics is Back, Bitches!
* Stupid is as Stupid Does
* San Bernardino Calif. – We like our kids dumb!
* Sankofi – The Loony Ebonic Treat
* Hooked on Ebonics
* Ebonics Be The Way
It's a serious subject - the essence of it is, how to best teach a very large group of students who are not succeeding academically. Some, and I am NOT one of them, would insist that these students are not able to learn. I disagree - the overwhelming majority are perfectly normal in their ability. I agree that one of the things holding students back is their use of non-standard English. I just don't agree that Ebonics is the answer (see previous post).