I've been thinking - why is the US still pushing giving back the territories?
- Have the Arabs behaved in a way so as to make the Israelis think they might want to live in peace? No.
- Has the "Palestiine" civilization taken steps to use the money given it to start building a viable society, one that could survive without outside help? No.
- Has the school system they've had control over begun graduating waves of eager scholars, eager to build a state of Palestine? Or have they stuffed them with just enough Quran to make them want to blow up Israelis?
- Have the VERY expensive security forces gotten control of the "militants" and established a safe Palestinian homeland? No.
- Is there any reason to believe that giving them the territories will lead to anything more than a knife pointed at Israeli throats for a very long time after? Not to mention that with a legal, independent state, the UN will start to muscle into the act.
So why the hell should the Israelis let them do have the land?