Sunday, November 28, 2004

THE TIMES, THEY ARE A-CHANGING

The Dylan standard came to mind while I was catching up on my web reading. There is a massive re-alignment of political allies and thinkers, at national, regional, and local levels. There is also a sweeping change in the movers and shakers in this new day.

The crazy antics of Rather and others will cause new blood to rise in the traditional media. And, that's how is should be - a system should evolve. Other media long-plays, from the Liberal Elite in Hollywood to the entrenched writers, producers, agents and packagers, and studio executives, will eventually see their influence diminish and their empires fade away.

There are many parts of the current media up-and-comers style I don't particularly like. For example, Team America, while absolutely hysterical, relied too heavily on the vomit-type stuff. But, as a first thrust, it was indeed brilliant. I'm still humming the theme song.

I really can't get into the beat of rap, although I am starting to listen to it, and parts of it are OK. In time, I may incorporate the rythyms into my personal sound track.

I am too often bored by the popular TV picks (Fear Factor, teen soaps, "news"). I'm trying NOT to creep into the habit of hitting the oldies channels and Law & Order re-runs. But, as a result, I am fairly disconnected from the popular culture on a daily basis.

I seldom read the daily papers. Most of the news I get is from the web, with occasional updates for local news. Really, the only paper I still read is the Sunday edition.

I'm reminded of the Tale of Two Cities intro (courtesy of Litrix):
IT WAS the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.


Hope Thanksgiving was filled with those you love.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...