Saturday, October 16, 2004

GUT CHECK TIME

When I was very young (12-25), I strove for rationality. I obsessively read newpapers, listened to news, and, in general, tried to "find out the facts" before I made up my mind.

Today, I mostly listen to my gut.

My path to this point was meandering. During the VietNam and Watergate days, I relied on mainstream media sources for my information. Having no access to direct data, I really had no other choice.

But, regardless of the source of information, my modus operandi was consistent - first, read all that I could, then, make up my mind (also discussing what I read with friends and family).

I've changed.

Part of that change is a little thing called experience. I've just lived long enough to have seen a few frauds exposed, liars unveiled, and con artists brought to justice. As Jane Marple (of the Agatha Christie books) said, sometimes you see something that reminds you of something else.

When the 527s (don't know what they are? Here's a primer; don't worry, it's short and uncomplicated) started having such a major impact on the pre-election process, I asked myself, who's behind them? And, thanks to the Internet, I was able to find out.

  • George Soros

  • George is a Hungarian-born resident who supports a number of leftist causes with the money he has earned in currency speculation


    I've been told by kindly bloggers that Soros is now a citizen of the US.

    George Soro's contributions to 527s

    The total amounts to more than $ 10,000,000. That's TEN MILLION DOLLARS!

Why is this man so interested in influencing the American election? Maybe he just wants to elect a politician who owes him. Big time.

What would he want in return? Soros is STRONGLY in favor of drug legalization, particularly marijuana. Is he planning to make a killing on the legalized drug in the future?

Now, before you say, "Oh, how can you smear someone with drug trafficking?", check out this part of his biography

Quantum Fund, his privately-owned investment fund registered in Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles, a Caribbean tax haven which has repeatedly been cited by the International Task Force on Money Laundering of the OECD as one of the world's most important centers for laundering the illegal proceeds of the Latin American drug trade. By operating from Curaçao, Soros not only avoids paying taxes but also hides the nature of his investors and what he does with their money.



Well, you might say, what's the big deal that Soros is passionate about the result of this election?

Thanks to the McCain-Feingold Act (also called the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002), which allowed the 527s to operate, he can contribute an UNLIMITED amount of cash to changing the leadership of America.

And how did that act get passed? I'm glad you asked that.

Soros has been criticized for his large donations, as he also pushed for the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 which was intended to ban "soft money" contributions to federal election campaigns. Soros has responded that his donations to unaffiliated organizations do not raise the same corruption issues as donations directly to the candidates or political parties. Soros made it happen.


And my gut says that's wrong. And my gut is telling me that the candidate that's benefiting from that stuff is the wrong candidate to vote for. That's why I'm for Bush.

Other factors that influence my decision:

  • Kerry's inability to recognize that America is not the enemy. Given a choice between supportiing policies that favor American interests and those that are not in our interest (Kyoto, World Court, Palestinian terrorism, etc.), Kerry sides with the anti-American interests.

  • Kerry's economic stupidity. It's not surprising that someone who has spent most of his adult life being supported by rich women doesn't understand basic income and expense guidelines, but here's the rule:

    Except for extraordinary circumstances, such as war, you have to restrain your spending to match your income. That means discretionary expenses (those little luxuries that aren't essential to life) need to be cut.


    The armed forces are essential. National service schemes are not.

  • For a man who claims to value working with other countries, Kerry has no hesitation in insulting our allies. If you aren't Old Europe, Kerry isn't interested in talking to you.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...