Wednesday, August 11, 2004

A LUCID EXPLANATION FOR TRADITIONAL SEXUAL MORALITY

I just read a blog entry about WHY young people should resist sexual activity, as promoted by the popular culture, that struck me as so clear and reasoned, that I am linking it, and urging everybody I know to bookmark Highered Intelligence

Part of being an adult is cultivating self-restraint, of learning to think about what you are doing and judge the consequences, both to yourself and others. Being an adult means leaving behind the childish indulgences of fancy and caprice. It means going to work when you don't want to that morning, it means staying up late to put wax seals on your damn wedding invitations, and it means not casually sleeping with that hot secretary down the hall just because you can and you want to.


Go. Read.

No comments:

Lies of the Left

This COULD be a lengthy post. But, I'll try to winnow it down to a reasonable length. The CA Parent Bribery 'Scandal' - the 1...